Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I Dream of Hello Kitty

Last night I dreamt of Hello Kitty.  Since I've started this blog for school I've had Hello Kitty on my brain a lot more then I normally do (believe it or not) and when you couple that with the fact that I haven't gotten enough sleep this week because of school and work stress, I dreamt of beautiful Hello Kitty things that I've never seen before.  For this post, I am going to step away from showing pictures of my collection and write about my dream. 


I had a dream that I had the most beautiful pink, Hello Kitty curio cabinet in my house.  Filled with a ton of beautiful Hello Kitty figurines.  This curio cabinet was a made of a high quality wood and stained a beautiful pink.  It didn't look cheap or plastic.  It looked like it was hand made by an artisan from France or something like that.  It had a beautiful glass door with Hello Kitty frosted etchings all along the edges.  Inside was a very nice mirror in the back and very thick glass shelves.  The curio cabinet was lit from the inside so the whole room was glowing.   Hello Kitty figurines had these beautiful hand made dresses and kimonos on them.  They were very fancy.  Every time I looked at the Hello Kitty figurines then looked away and looked at them again, they would change.  It wasn't like they were alive or anything, it just seemed like figurine collection was changing or updating itself.  I have never seen a Hello Kitty curio cabinet or Hello Kitty figurines like this before.  


While I was admiring the cabinet and figurines a weather alert came on the TV that there was a big tidal wave heading for my house.  (It should be noted there have been a bunch of thunderstorms in Philadelphia lately.)  Just as I saw the big tidal wave about to crash on my house, I woke up.  Pretty strange, right?


So, when I got up this morning I decided to look online to see if there were any Hello Kitty curio cabinets like the one in my dream and sadly I couldn't find any.  I did find the one below on Ebay but it is nothing like the one in my dream.  I tried looking on websites like Target and things like that but didn't find anything.  You could imagine how sad I am that I can't find this thing!  Don't worry though, I will continue to look for it or if I ever win the lottery I will commission a great cabinetmaker to create it for me!