Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Hello Travel!

I came across this article over the weekend and figured it would be perfect for my next blog post, since I planned on showing off some of my Hello Kitty travel gear.  The article, "EVA Air's 'Hello Kitty' Aircraft Set for a Comeback" from the Focus Taiwan News Channel talks about how Eva Air is bringing back the Hello Kitty airplane to celebrate their 20 year anniversary and hopefully spark new interest in the airline.  The airplane is all decked in Hello Kitty, from the outside of the plane to the inside.  Napkins, baggage tags, boarding passes, and flight attendants aprons will all display Hello Kitty!  I would love to take a trip from Taiwan to Japan and visit the Hello Kitty theme park Harmonyland in Japan.  Yes, there is a Hello Kitty theme park.  I haven't been there yet but hope to one day.  It is kind of like the Disneyland for Hello Kitty fans!
 


I received this red Hello Kitty suitcase as a gift many years ago.  I honestly can't remember who bought it for me or when they gave it to me.  Sorry, gift giver!  I don't really use this one for travel because it is a little flimsy but it is on "display" in my living room. 

My mom found this Hello Kitty rolling suitcase at a garage sale!  I think she spent about $3 on it.  I was super excited when she gave it to me.  I've used this on occasion when I travel.  It is a little small though.  If I had a daughter, she would be strutting her stuff through airport with this suitcase!

This is one of my favorite Hello Kitty bags!  It's a light blue, quilted, faux leather duffle bag that I bought at a Chinatown store in Boston probably about 10 years ago.  It's gone on a lot of trips with me.  I usually travel with this bag instead of a suitcase.  It is a little beat up but it still has a lot of life in it. 


OK, I know this is a backpack but I do use it a lot when I travel.  Especially if I am taking a quick trip home to visit my family.  It holds a lot of stuff and always fits under the seat of an airplane.  This is another bag that has a bit of wear and tear but I will probably use until there is no more life left in it!


I use this blue Hello Kitty messenger bag a lot as well.  It is another great bag for quick trips.  I can fit my school books and clothes in it when I travel.  This is the same bag I was wearing in my New York, Sanrio store picture.  To be honest I can't remember when or where I bought this.  


Finally, these are two pieces of Hello Kitty Large Rolling Luggage are $320 each and are available through the Sanrio Website.  These are on my wish list.  If I had the money I would get one, if not both of them!  The Sanrio Website has a ton of travel bags, luggage, luggage tags and everything else you could ever need or want for your travels.