Friday, August 12, 2011

Hello Sparkle!

There is a lot of pretty, sparkly, Hello Kitty jewelry available.  I've just recently started to collect some of the pieces that jewelry designer Tarina Tarantino designs.  She has an entire collection devoted to Hello Kitty called Pink Head.  The jewelry she makes is pretty expensive, at least my standards, but I do try to buy some of her items every now and again.  They are very cute and handmade. 

Kimora Lee Simmons also has a Hello Kitty jewelry line, which is available on the Sanrio website.  Some of her pieces have real diamonds in them, so as you can imagine they are pretty expensive too!  At this time I do not own any of the Kimora Lee Simmons Hello Kitty jewelry but I hope in time I will purchase some. 

JEWELRY BOXES

My jewelry collection is pretty small but I love all the items I have.  These first two pictures are some of my jewelry cases. 



SANRIO

The following 4 pictures are items I purchased from Sanrio.com.  The ring is a newer purchase.  I bought this in this spring.  The ring is the shape of Hello Kitty's head and has the words "Hello Kitty" etched on it.  Next, is a watch that has a sort of punk theme to it.  I would guess this watch is probably about 7 years old.  After that is a pair of crystal Hello Kitty stud earrings.  These are probably about 12 years old.  Finally is a necklace in the shape of Hello Kitty's signature bow.  This was purchased at the same time as the Hello Kitty ring. 




TARINA TARANTINO

Here is my small Tarina Tarantino collection.  First is a Hello Kitty ring.  It's pretty big in size.  Needless to say, it makes quite a statement when I wear it!  Next, is a blue Hello Kitty broach and Hello Kitty barrette.  After that is a pair of Hello Kitty chandelier earrings.  Following that is a Hello Kitty barrette.  Finally, another Hello Kitty broach.  What I really love about Tarina Tarantino's Pink Head collection is that she makes different types of Hello Kitties.  There is the "mod" Hello Kitty, as seen in the ring below and the "goth" Hello Kitty as seen in the Hello Kitty earrings below, among a ton more.  I also love that her pieces look real jewelry.  Sure, you can find Hello Kitty necklaces, rings, bracelets, and things in the toy section of Target or other stores but now that I am getting a little older, I don't feel that I can carry them off without looking like an old person trying to look young.  Not a look I am going for.  With Tarina's items, I don't feel weird about wearing them.