Friday, August 5, 2011

Hello Kitties!

I am sure it will not be much of a surprise to some of you that I adore real kitties too!  My boyfriend and I have three male cats named: Mengie, Dodd, and Shamus.  Even though these are boy cats, I do sometimes catch them snuggling up on a Hello Kitty blanket or playing with a Hello Kitty stuffed toy.  Luckily, I have been able to document some of the Hello Kitty / real kitty interactions.  Please note: no kitties or Hello Kitty items were harmed!
DODD
This is our fourteen year old Tabby Dodd.  Dodd really enjoys sleeping.  He sleeps about twenty hours a day.  He is a very happy, friendly kitty cat.  In this first photo, Dodd is sleeping on a chair with a pink, fleece Hello Kitty blanket.  Dodd and other the kitties have really come to love this blanket.  They love it so much that I have officially given it to them. 

This photo of Dodd always puts a smile on face.  I have this furry Hello Kitty scarf / stole sort of thing.  It is not something that I would wear but it is Hello Kitty, so of course I had to buy it.  One day I had it out and put it on the couch when I went to go into the kitchen.  I came back out to the living room and this is what I found, Dodd sleeping on top of it.  He loves the scarf so much I had to leave it on the couch, in his favorite spot permanently.  He especially loves it when it is cold out. 

MENGIE
Mengie is our oldest cat.  He is a tuxedo cat and about sixteen.  I can say that he is not as into Hello Kitty as the other two kitties.  He did like that pink Hello Kitty after he had surgery (do not worry, he is fine).  We had to keep him away from the other cats while he was healing.  We put him in our spare room but he kept lying on my boyfriend’s vintage keyboard.  Therefore, we put the Hello Kitty pink blanket on top of it and he pretty much slept there the entire time he was recovering. 

SHAMUS
Shamus is our youngest cat.  He is a tabby and about eleven.  He is very spunky and gets into just about everything.  This picture is not staged, I swear.  Shamus loves to get in and under things.  Like pillows, couch cushions, and blankets.  I can safely say that Shamus is the biggest fan of this Hello Kitty blanket.

Now sometimes, I like to put things on my cats, especially Shamus.  In the first picture, Shamus is sporting a very cute Hello Kitty bracelet as a crown.  Doesn’t he look very regal?  In the second picture, Shamus is ready for winter, wearing the Hello Kitty furry scarf that Dodd loves so much.  I think Dodd was jealous!