Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Hello Clothes and Shoes!

As I've mentioned in previous posts, I am starting to have a bit of an identity crisis in regards to the Hello Kitty items I own and if I am to old to wear some of them or not.  When I was younger I was into punk and having silly hairstyles (like a mohawk and multi-colored tresses) and wearing silly clothes.  So, some of the following items were right up my alley when they first started to appear in stores and online.  

DOE T-SHIRTS

Years ago the clothing line Mighty Fine had an off shot brand called Doe, which I still thinks is around making t-shirts.  Doe and Sanrio teamed up and Doe did a line of Hello Kitty shirts that sold online and at places like Hot Topic.  The Hello Kitty shirts were totally cute.  Hello Kitty was dressed up in punk and goth attire.  I was all about these t-shirts when they first came out.  I've since sold a bunch of them on Ebay when money was a little tight.  I have saved a few them.  I don't wear them much any more (since I am feeling to old for them) except for around the house.  Here are a few of the ones I have left.

Below is actually a black Hello Kitty sweater from the collection.  I love how it has Hello Kitty written on the sleeves a la the Sex Pistols logo.  I think I would still wear this one every now and again.


These two are from the Sanrio by Doe collection as well.  The red shirt is in honor of the band the White Stripes.  While I like some songs by the White Stripes, I wouldn't say I'm a fan but I do love the t-shirt though.  Let me just put this way, I wouldn't buy and / or wear a White Stripes t-shirt but I did wear this t-shirt.  This one is now in retirement though.  The shirt next to has the same print as the sweater.  Both were bought at Hot Topic.  


The black t-shirt on the right is the first t-shirt in this collection that I bought.  I was so excited when I first saw it at Hot Topic.  I wore it all the time.  Hello Kitty has on a little plaid kilt and boots.  The image of Hello Kitty is like an iron on, you know, like the iron shirts that were big in the late 70's and early 80's.  Next to that is another shirt from the collection that Hello Kitty and her boyfriend Dear Daniel.


I think that the purple and black goth Hello Kitty jersey is my favorite.  I'm not even into goth or never really was but I like the kind of horror movie look to the shirt and the text.  The shirt has black bats on the sleeves.  Finally, the pink shirt with black ringer collar has another goth looking Hello Kitty on it.  The dress on Hello Kitty has a velvety feel to it.  


HELLO KITTY DR. MARTENS

Recently, Dr. Martens produced a line of Hello Kitty boots and shoes.  I've been a fan and wearing of Dr. Martens since I was a teenager.  I still wear them to this day.  In fact I have a pair that are still in good shape from the early 1990's that I still wear.  My budget hasn't allowed to me to purchase any of the Hello Kitty Dr. Martens yet (they are a little pricey) but when I have some spare money I will definitely search for a pair and buy them.  Many are sold out but I'm sure I will be able to find them on Ebay.


HELLO KITTY VANS

I've also been a huge fan of Vans for many years.  I was so excited when I learned that Hello Kitty and Vans were teaming up to create a special line of Hello Kitty vans for woman and children.  Now, I knew I could afford a pair of these, unlike the Dr. Martens.  As soon as they were available online, I bought a pair.  I bought a pair of the classic checkerboard slip ons.  I love that they come in a specially designed Vans / Hello Kitty box, which included some stickers too!  There are so many different, cute variations to this line that I think I may have to purchase another pair!