Friday, August 26, 2011

Hello Bags!

I've recently started to collect Hello Kitty bags.  Purses, tote bags and messenger bags are my favorite.  Since I am getting a little older I prefer my bags to be a little more fashionable, practical and not like I "borrowed" them from one of my preteen nieces.  


LOUNGEFLY


The brand Loungefly.com has a ton of super cute and functional Hello Kitty bags.  I currently have two of them but would love to buy more.  Click on the link to see some of their great bag selections.  The two Loungefly bags I own are bigger bags, which makes them great for taking things to work, like my lunch or books for school along with all the other day-to-day things I need to carry around with me.  The top bag is a purple and black tweed print with faux black leather detail and silver stud details.  OK, I know the Hello Kitty skull bow and crossbones on the bag are a little immature but I do like that kind of thing when it is done in moderation or when I wear something very girly or something kind of serious and have something like this to kind of punch up the outfit.  The second one is a quilted faux leather Hello Kitty face tote with a 3D padded bow.  I love how it is a big Hello Kitty face but is also quilted and looks like patented leather even though it's faux leather.  





Loungefly also has these shiny tote patent faux leather bags with embossed detail that I want to buy.  They come in different colors.  They are definitely on my wish list, along with the matching wallets!  




MESSENGER BAGS

If you've read my Hello Travel! post from a few weeks ago, you will remember this blue Hello Kitty messenger bag.  This is one of my favorites because it is big and roomy and great for using when I travel or for going to work.  


I also have a few smaller size messenger bags that I use.  The one on the left I bought at Hot Topic years ago.  While I still love it and think it's cute, I don't use it all that much because I think I may be getting a little to old to wear it out.  Unlike the bag above with the skull detail, I think this one is a just a little to young for me at this point.  That said, I have no plans to get rid of it though!  The bag on the right is a favorite of mine.  It's a black faux leather Hello Kitty messenger bag that a friend got for me in Portland.  I use this one a lot.  Especially for work when I am not totting around a schoolbook or lunch from home.  


SPECIAL BAGS

Finally, here are two, sort of special bags I own.  They are both hard shelled and are on "display" as opposed to bags I would use in everyday life.  The bag on the left is round and has a Rockabilly Hello Kitty on the front.  The sides and back are black with cherries on it.  Very cute.  The bag, or box, on the right was from a Hello Kitty holiday edition many years back.  It is winter white and has faux fur on the top of the case and on the handle.  The image of Hello Kitty is in a snowflake.